Best viewed by using: FireFox, Chrome, Safari, IE8+
tested: windows 7, vista and apple 10.5.8
© 2014 San Jose Bicycle Club
View details: Committed Racer | Team Victory | Reimbursement Scale | Placement Incentives
Eligibility Requirements for Committed Racers:
1. Commit to race at least 10 race days as SJBC
2. Pay standard club membership fees for the current year
3. Be a SJBC club member and be approved by Race Team Committee
4. Volunteer a minimum of 12 hours at any club event (Winter Series, Spring Classic, Tuesday Night Crits and Memorial Weekend)
5. USAC Licensed as club/team = SJBC
6. Have history of racing 7 or more races in previous years
7. Riders eligible for race reimbursement are required to submit race reports by using the Race Submission Form
8. Elite Race Team Only - participate in mentorship program focused on developing racers in the Development/Women/Junior programs
Date Range: 1 January - 30 December 31
a. Eligible races are USAC Road Races, Criteriums, Time Trials, Cyclocross, MTB, and Track
b. One race each day counts towards race requirement total
(2 crits on the same day = 1 race day)
c. Should finish 60% of races (6 of 10)
d. Wear the current San Jose Bicycle Club Uniform Kit (jersey/shorts or skinsuit) in all USAC/NCNCA events and podium shots.
e. Racer must meet the minimum number of races and volunteer hours required in a particular reimbursement round otherwise no race/uniform reimbursement or placement/team incentives will be issued.
f. Category is category on USAC License - upgrades can be prorated
g. Participate in club events (Winter Series, Tuesday Nights, Vuelta de San Jose)
h. If response is overwhelming, payout amounts may be adjusted
· Must be a race team member
· Racer must follow all the guidelines laid out in the committed racer eligibility section
· Race must have field size of 25 or more
· Incentive is $20 for each team member if a teammate wins the race
· Applicable to road races and crits only
|Elite Category||Per Race||Max Number||Total|
No race reimbursement, uniform reimbursement, or placement/team incentives will be issued until racer has completed at least 50% of their required volunteer hours in the 1st reimbursement round (Jan1 - May31) and 100% of their required volunteer hours in the 2nd reimbursement round (Jun1 - Dec31).
** Cat 4 racers that race in 10 or more races in a reimbursement period (Jan1 - May31 or Jun1 - Dec31) will receive race reimbursement of $10 per race day.
Additional Reimbursement (for all disciplines):
· Pre-registration entry fees for National and/or District Championship events are fully reimbursed. This is in lieu of any race day reimbursement.
· Race types included: USAC sanctioned Road, Criterium, ITT, Track, Cyclocross, and MTB
· The calendar year maximum is $150 per category and $300 per person
· Wear your San Jose Bicycle Club Uniform Kit (jersey/shorts or skinsuit) in all USAC/NCNCA events
· List your club as SJBC
· USAC Licensed as club/team = SJBC
· Volunteer at club events: (Mt Hamilton Classic, Memorial Day Criterium, Winter Series, Tuesdays, Vuelta) totaling a minimum of 12 hours
· Participate in club events (Winter Series, Tuesday Nights, Vuelta de San Jose)
· A report needs to be completed by using the Race Submission Form
· Race Report must be submitted within three weeks of the posted results on the www.teamsanjose.org website at the race report link.
|Place||Field > 50||Field > 25||Field > 10|
|Place||Field > 25||Field > 15||Field > 10|
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMBINED TOTAL OF RACE REIMBURSEMENTS AND PLACEMENT INCENTIVES EXCEED $800 IN ANY CALENDAR YEAR.
top of page