Best viewed by using: FireFox, Chrome, Safari, IE8+
tested: windows 7, vista and apple 10.5.8
© 2014 San Jose Bicycle Club
View details: Committed Racer | Team Victory | Reimbursement Scale | Uniform Reimbursement | Placement Incentives
Eligibility Requirements for Committed Racers:
1. Commit to race at least 10 race days as SJBC
2. Pay standard club membership fees for the current year
3. Be a SJBC club member and be approved by Race Team Committee
4. Volunteer a minimum of 12 hours per year at any club events (Winter Series, Tuesday Night Crits, Memorial Day Weekend, and Vuelta de San Jose). See your current accumulated volunteer hours for 2015 here.
5. USAC Licensed as club/team = SJBC
6. Have history of racing 7 or more races in previous years
7. Riders eligible for race reimbursement will occasionally be asked to submit race reports by using the Race Submission Form
8. Elite Race Team Only - participate in mentorship program focused on developing racers in the Development/Women/Junior programs
Date Range: January 1 - December 31
a. Eligible races are USAC Road Races, Criteriums, Time Trials, Cyclocross, MTB, and Track
b. Only one race each day counts towards 10 race day requirement
(2 crits on the same day = 1 race day)
c. Should finish 60% of required races (6 of 10)
d. Wear the current San Jose Bicycle Club Uniform Kit (jersey/shorts or skinsuit) in all USAC/NCNCA events and podium shots.
e. Racer must meet the minimum number of races and volunteer hours required in a particular reimbursement round otherwise no race/uniform reimbursement or placement/team incentives will be issued.
f. Category is category on USAC License - upgrades can be prorated
g. Participate in club events (Winter Series, Tuesday Nights, Vuelta de San Jose)
h. If response is overwhelming, payout amounts may be adjusted
· Must be a race team member
· Racer must follow all the guidelines laid out in the committed racer eligibility section
· Race must have field size of 25 or more
· Incentive is $20 for each team member if a teammate wins the race
· Applicable to road races and crits only
|Racer Category||Per Race day||Max Number||Total|
Reimbursement amount is based on rider category as of January 1st for the 1st round reimbursement, and June 1st for the 2nd round reimbursement.
Note: No race reimbursement, uniform reimbursement, or placement/team incentives will be issued until racer has completed at least 50% of their required volunteer hours in the 1st reimbursement round (Jan1 - May31) and 100% of their required volunteer hours in the 2nd reimbursement round (Jun1 - Dec31).
Additional Reimbursement (for all disciplines):
· Pre-registration entry fees for National and District Championship events are fully reimbursed. This is in lieu of any race day reimbursement.
Rider will receive 50% of the above uniform reimbursement amount per reimbursement round (i.e $100 for Cat 4, $50 for Cat 4, etc). Rider must meet volunteer time and minimum race requirements to receive uniform reimbursement.
· Race types included: USAC sanctioned Road, Criterium, ITT, Track, Cyclocross, and MTB
· The calendar year maximum is $150 per discipline and $300 per person.
· Wear your San Jose Bicycle Club Uniform Kit (jersey/shorts or skinsuit) in all USAC/NCNCA events
· List your club as SJBC
· USAC Licensed as club/team = SJBC
· Volunteer at club events: (Mt Hamilton Classic, Memorial Day Criterium, Winter Series, Tuesdays, Vuelta) totaling a minimum of 12 hours per year
· Participate in club events (Winter Series, Tuesday Nights, Vuelta de San Jose)
· If a race report is requested by the race director, it must be submitted before any placement incentives or race reimbursement will be given. Visit the race report link to submit a report.
|Place||Field >= 50||Field >= 25||Field >= 10|
|Place||Field >= 25||Field >= 15||Field >= 10|
|Junior Elite (cat 1/2/3)||$500|
Note: Placement and Team incentives do not count towards the maximum reimbursement amount.